Prev이전 문서

Next다음 문서

크게 작게 위로 아래로 댓글로 가기 인쇄 수정 삭제
?

단축키

Prev이전 문서

Next다음 문서

크게 작게 위로 아래로 댓글로 가기 인쇄 수정 삭제
For months, we have faced threats of governmental shutdowns and sequesterian cuts, and still Congress has not yet found common ground of a plan to reduce our politik update politik indonesia politik terkini trillion dollar deficit budget; kicking the can to a new deadline every month. Are they really "fighting" over principles or something else?

Even though our country has experienced same difficulties and recessions during the Clinton administration, I am absolutely stunned of the amount of partisanship of this magnitude, that exists amongst our distinguished parties of power. Is this what we are seeing now? Politics, confined to squabbling? Or, merely a mask of an underlying goal that is waiting to be unveiled? The type of politics that we are seeing is something that I would like to call Realpolitik.

Politics is defined as an art of influence-to compete with competing interests and attain control of government. Realpolitik is a more of aggressive approach to the madness. The interpretation of it is quite ambiguous to any scholar however it can be simply put as this: "the considerations of power, not ideals, morals or principles."

What we are seeing in Congress are not just squabbles and pointing fingers, but an opportunity to seize power. Whoever controls the House and Senate controls the agenda for America. The Senate today is controlled by the Democrats, while the House is controlled by the Republicans. For any bills (or budget plans) to be passed into law-bills proposed from the President or members of Congress-there must be a two-thirds majority vote from both the House and Senate. It is then sent to the President for a signature which the President can veto or sign it into law. If not, Congress will block the bill and delay until further notice. And the faction in Congress that is preventing our country from moving forward (and have been heavily publicized by media for so long) is House Republicans.

For the first time in our political era, we are seeing unyielding compromise and power mainly from one sector: House Republicans--the same sector that has in the past denied support Women Health issues and aid to Hurricane Sandy. There are some of whom in this faction who do not care if teachers, mailmen, firefighters, road construction workers or military personnel suffer from the sequester- which majority of whom are Middle Class Americans; unless their demands are met: protecting the very few Americans who still or have not paid their fair share of taxes.

Let us not be ignorant of the fact that there is income inequality in America: there are haves and have nots! And the argument is simple which is this: who represents who?

On November 6th 2012, America, did not vote for a man nor a politician but a valid political and American principle (which the overwhelming population of Americans deliberated on): Fairness. The wealthiest should not pay lower taxes than the average American; CEOs should not ship job oversees for tax credit; nor can they snuff the tax system.

If politicians do not represent this valid view (which has been long debated for months on in via radio, television debates, and television ads; and then deliberated through legitimate means of the democratic process) then they DO NOT represent the Majority of Americans! So, when a politician says that taxing Americans is not a legitimate way to reduce the deficit, he is not talking about the majority of Americans that voted on Nov. 6th, he is talking about the very few Americans that have rigged the system and has not paid their fair share of taxes.

Let me be the first to say that I hate taxes! But I hate it even more when folks at the very top are paying lower taxes than I am!

This mask of realpolitik, that House Conservatives have devised, is really hurting the majority of Americans who voted for fairness. They are many of whom who do not believe in this philosophy, but the new pope (Pope Francis) has given me new hope that a conservative does believe in helping the poor; and not protecting the rich. #fairness

등록된 글이 없습니다.

Board Pagination Prev 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 Next
/ 12