Next다음 문서

크게 작게 위로 아래로 댓글로 가기 인쇄 수정 삭제
?

단축키

Prev이전 문서

Next다음 문서

크게 작게 위로 아래로 댓글로 가기 인쇄 수정 삭제
GeForce GTX 580 - Fermi Done Right!
This is simultaneously the best kept along with the most talked about secret in the business right now. The GeForce GTX 580 - it has been rumored to be from dual GF104 chips to an alternative monster concoction of epic proportions. Just about all the rumors first got it wrong until concrete evidence did start to disseminate over the leaky pipes from the supply chain. Even then, because the specs begun to bubble up towards the surface, a lot of people came to the wrong conclusions.It all started during the March/April time period, around when NVIDIA launched their first part built around the well-hyped Fermi architecture, the GeForce GTX 480. Reviews were mixed; it had been the easiest single GPU about the planet, no questions asked. It was a tessellation monster and its particular scaling in games, up to 3-way SLI, was incredible. It was a fantastic advance for gaming computers.But it turned out also hot and loud. And that was compounded by the press using open-air test beds to test the GeForce GTX 480 - which meant the credit card had to do all the work in moving air over its hot components without the assistance of a well-ventilated chassis.In fact, it really is proven that this heat-stack vertical design with the MAINGEAR SHIFT custom built pc Abcya 100 aided the GeForce GTX 480 so that it absolutely was dramatically quieter in 3-way SLI than an identically configured Corsair 800D chassis that has terrible airflow.The GeForce GTX 580 can be a fully-realized GF100 with all 512 shaders. It has higher memory bandwidth, plus a higher core and shader clock. And it does all of this while drawing less power and also at half the noise level. It's the last two features that may blindside everyone. Once the specs made it from your rumor department to accepted, on-line "fact," everyone begun to speculate who's would sound like a hair dryer and draw the electricity generated by the flux capacitor. And require 1.21 jiggawatts and 88mph to go back with time.In reality, NVIDIA developed a wicked vapor chamber a la ATI Radeon 2900XT, threw out your exposed gigantic heat pipes, and managed to tweak the style to attract less power, all while delivering around 20% more performance.I was lucky enough to get to test out a MAINGEAR SHIFT with both 2-way GTX 480s and 2-way GTX 580s which enable it to show you some numbers. So let's get started.By now maybe you have heard the numbers, and recently the rumored specs have solidified into the truth. Yes, it has 512 shaders. Yes it is clocked at 772MHz and delivers 192.4GB/s of bandwidth.Here's what we shoved right into a SHIFT with this test:Core i7 970 @ 4.135GHz 6GB of DDR3 2000MHz memory Rampage III Formula 128GB Crucial RealSSD C300 And all the remainder.In comparison to the Nvidia 480, you see any where from a 10-20% increase in performance. There is a good amount of reason to obtain pumped up about this though. Dual GTX 580's consumed about 40 watts less than dual GTX 480's. And you may not believe just how much quieter they are. It is striking. Unfortunately I didn't bring a SPL meter with me, but NVIDIA reports it's about 50% quieter. I do not doubt for any second that's an accurate assessment. I was floored.Can you see Billy Mays selling this thing? "THE NEW NVIDIA GTX 580 IS FASTER. IT'S QUIETER. IT USES LESS POWER! AND BEST OF ALL, IT'S THE SAME PRICE. THAT'S RIGHT FOLKS, THE ALL NEW GTX 580 IS NOT ONLY THE WORLD'S FASTEST SINGLE GPU ON THE PLANET, IT'S THE SAME PRICE AS THE GTX 480! BUT WAIT, THERE'S MORE. BUY THE GEFORCE GTX 580 AND GET FREE(!) SUPPORT FOR CUDA. FOR 3D VISION. FOR PHYSX! ALL OF THESE COME BUNDLED IN THE NEW NVIDIA GTX 580 GRAPHICS CARD!"OK, so maybe it's only me. But in either case, this bad boy is replacing the GTX 480 in my book, ASAP. EVGA also provides a Superclocked version for anybody who still want "MOAR POWAH!"

등록된 글이 없습니다.

Board Pagination Prev 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 Next
/ 12