CMMS

by Archie9431743572 posted Apr 29, 2017
?

단축키

Prev이전 문서

Next다음 문서

ESC닫기

크게 작게 위로 아래로 댓글로 가기 인쇄 수정 삭제
With implementation failure rates ranging from 50% to 80%, it is no wonder that several could think about "CMMS" a four-letter word. In my encounter, I've observed numerous failed Computerized Upkeep Management Method (CMMS) implementations or really slow implementations (some of you're nodding in agreement... ). In addition, I've hardly ever noticed an organization robustly using their CMMS; most are using just a function or two of these effective systems. It's like utilizing just the bottle opener in your Leatherman - it can do so much more; couple that with duct tape and you are unstoppable...
There are many factors for failed implementations or under-utilized CMMS. Beneath are several in the most typical that I've seen, of which I'm positive you can relate.

Wrong Method for the Job
How several of you're presently making use of your IT department's perform ticket system to manage your work orders? Okay, put your hands down. That's all also common. IT Systems and the like are excellent for managing service requests, but they fall way brief on providing the enterprise tool that you want inside a CMMS.

Money to buy It, but No Time or Assist to Implement It
How several of you're in your ump-teen month of implementing your CMMS? Going on years, possibly... Still operating to acquire your gear and/or upkeep schedules loaded in to the program - in your spare time... Never be concerned, you might be not alone. Unfortunately, this is a common state of most CMMS implementations. You lastly get your manager's approval to buy a CMMS and maybe even some training, but you don't get any assist with setup or additional administrative assistance necessary to implement and maintain a CMMS. The truth of it really is, the delayed or failed commence of your CMMS will make it all of the a lot more tough for you to request further funding since you didn't do well with what they currently invested - a double whammy... You can't do it alone; you need assist!

Old, Slow Program
You'll find some that implemented a CMMS years ago, but haven't been capable to upgrade it as time passes (possibly simply because they customized it too significantly making upgrades costly) or the custom software development company program is no longer supported (eventually that Windows 95 machine will die... ). It's also tough to upgrade simply because so much has been invested in the old system and you do not want to drop the data - plus change is hard. But you and your organization must advance with the instances - there's far better available.

Homegrown
How numerous of you could not get management's approval to buy a CMMS so you built one your self? How flat is your forehead from beating it against the wall trying to become an Excel or Access guru? Yep, I've been there also... I have noticed some pretty good ones, I may well add. However, as facility managers, our jobs usually are not to become database administrators or IT gurus (albeit that hat does get thrown at us frequently). We have to pull ourselves out of those weeds to ensure that we are able to focus on the strategic, company initiatives of our facility organization. I am all for organic, but now having a CMMS...

Do not Know What You do not Know
Lastly, lack of understanding any better is probably the most typical cause for failed or under-utilized CMMS installations. Most do not understand how effective a CMMS is or how it might be used to handle day-to-day operations and offer key enterprise info for managing your facilities and upper management. Resolving this specific problem will be the cause I am such a proponent for our conferences and IFMA's instruction courses.

Articles

3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12