Review Of The Tori Amos Cd To Venus And Back

by ShirleenCuper71 posted Apr 18, 2017
?

단축키

Prev이전 문서

Next다음 문서

ESC닫기

크게 작게 위로 아래로 댓글로 가기 인쇄 수정 삭제
Not sure what?s happening with me on this one, but it seems like the more I listen to it, the better To Venus And Back gets. To Venus And Back simply stated is one of Tori Amos?s best CDs to date.

It's a rare day indeed that I get a CD from an artist that I can truthfully say does not have a bad track in the bunch. I'm more than happy to announce that?s exactly what I must say about this one. There simply is NOT a bad one in the bunch. No fillers here at all.

Rock music fans will recognize some of the well known contributors on the project including Matt Chamberlain and Jon Evans plus a few other notables as well.

Overall To Venus And Back is outstanding from beginning to end. One of those CDs that after a few listens the songs are just etched into your memory. A must have for the Rock fan. Really spectacular from beginning to end.

While this entire CD is outstanding the truly standout tunes are track 8 - Cloud On My Tongue, track 4 - Glory Of the 80?s, and track 13 - Purple People.

My Bonus Pick, and the one that got Sore [ in "Stuck On REpeat"] is track 1 - Bliss. Outstanding!

To Venus And Back Release Notes:

Tori Amos originally released To Venus And Back on September 21, 1999 on the Atlantic label.

CD Track List Follows:

DISC 1: VENUS ORBITING (STUDIO): 1. Bliss 2. Juarez 3. Concertina 4. Glory of the 80's 5. Lust 6. Suede 7. Josephine 8. Riot poof 9. Datura 10. Spring Haze 11. 1,000 Oceans DISC 2: VENUS LIVE. STILL ORBITING (LIVE): 1. Precious Things 2. Cruel 3. Cornflake Girl 4. Bells For Her 5. Girl 6. Cooling 7. Mr. Zebra 8. Cloud On My Tongue 9. Sugar 10. Little Earthquakes 11. Space Dog 12. Waitress 13. Purple People

Personnel: Tori Amos (vocals, piano, synthesizer); Steve Caton (guitar); Jon Evans (bass); Matt Chamberlain (drums, percussion); Andy Gray (programming). Engineers: Mark Hawkley, Marcel van Limbeek. Recorded at Martian Engineering, Cornwall, England. Live tracks online free image hosting recorded in 1998.

Articles

3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12