Ambivalence Towards Life

by RaquelClucas457591105 posted Apr 22, 2017
?

단축키

Prev이전 문서

Next다음 문서

ESC닫기

크게 작게 위로 아래로 댓글로 가기 인쇄 수정 삭제
There are times in everyone's life when you don't care whether or not you live or die. Sometimes it lasts for a day or two, and sometimes it lasts for months. The question is whether or not you need to worry. Take me for example; there was a time in my life where if God came down and said give me two reasons to live, I could only come up with one answer. And that was I would be worried about what would happen to my cat, Pickle. It wasn't that I was suicidal or wanted to die, it was just that I didn't care. I hit a point in my life where life didn't matter.
Looking back I realize that in a sense, I hit bottom. I was newly divorced, alone, and drifting. I realize now that it was an opportunity. Because if you are not pulled towards death or pushed towards life but just drifting, all you have is options. All you have is choices. It is a place of equilibrium. So the question is what you want? Where do you want to go? What outcome do you want to have? If everything is stripped away, marital health what you have left is freedom to choose.
You need to remember that being detached from life is very different than wanting to end it, and if you are at a point in your life where you are seriously thinking about killing yourself, then you need help, you need friends, and above all you need to take action.
What I'm trying to impart is that we all hit these walls. We all hit these places in our life where life is not sweet nor is it sour. It just is.
So the question for you is where are you in your life? Are you enjoying it? Are you moving towards something? Or are you moving away from pain? Both are equally valid. For me the goal is to be more, to have more, to enjoy more, and to love more. The first step is to make the goal. It doesn't have to be profound or earth-shaking. It can be as simple as waking up tomorrow, or inviting people over for dinner party. The second step is take action.
It is important when you're drifting to first honor the fact that you are drifting, and then take action to create movement in your life. For me I got comfortable drifting and did it for about a year and a half. I eventually created movement in my life by setting up simple goals. I started going out dancing more and more. I took classes at junior college. I joined a gym. I still didn't know where I was going but at least I knew that I was moving towards something. Even if I wasn't sure what that something was.
So understand that we all hit places in our life where we are ambivalent about life, and it is okay. Once you understand where you are at, honor it. Be okay with the fact that you have stripped away the noise to the place in your life where all you have is options and choice. The next step is to create a goal, a choice. Create a little bit of movement. Remember it doesn't have to be big. Baby steps do count, but above all remember that you are not alone. And the funny thing about life is that life does move on and changes do happen.

Articles

3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12