Local Police Call For Awareness Around Sexting

by DarrelMinnis0198690 posted Apr 29, 2017
?

단축키

Prev이전 문서

Next다음 문서

ESC닫기

크게 작게 위로 아래로 댓글로 가기 인쇄 수정 삭제
Most people, parents and teens alike, are aware of sexting and its potential harms by now But for those who are not, sexting is where people exchange suggestive and/or sexually charged messages or photos via text message. Many times the people exchanging messages are two consenting adults who are already in a relationship, but even this can carry at least a small level of risk. One of the main risks of sexting is that the explicit messages can be captured in screenshots or otherwise posted to public forums, effectively damaging someone's reputation. Other times, the messages can be used to blackmail someone or harass them. But when it comes to teens, the issue can be much more severe. And now with new platforms like Kik, things have never been riskier. Here is why kik usernames ideas can be alarming. Have a profile pic other than your genitals. Back to the dick pics. I get that you might be really proud of your dick. You grew it yourself, after all. But we don't want to look at it before we even know you. Pick another picture! Something that represents you. Now, I won't necessarily write someone off just for a dick pic, but it makes me cautious. It's nice to know you're more than your penis.

When you send explicit photos to someone else, you're not just trusting them. You're trusting their security habits. If you wouldn't trust the person to use your laptop without accidentally getting some malware, don't trust them with dirty photos. If they have a habit of losing their phone, set them up with remote wipe software In general, being in a relationship doesn't necessarily mean you should be able to dictate to your partner how they use their gadgets. When you're sharing intimate material, however, it becomes much more important to make sure you both have high security standards.

Dear Rosie: Every state has laws regarding the behaviors you write about. Depending on the circumstances, threats, sexting, intimidation and harassment may amount to a crime. Your age is a factor, as well as the exact language used in the messages and nature of the photos. Any threats against you such as you describe (threatening to kill" you) should be reported to the authorities. You can also consider getting a restraining order against your ex-boyfriend. You don't need a lawyer for this, it's free and available from any court you go to. Good luck, stay safe, and stop sexting.

Let's draw an analogy here. I love Medium. It makes it super simple to write and read. It's beautiful. It's website and app interface is pleasing to our eyes. But, all the profiles look similar. I believe, in two years, people will think of Medium the way we thought of Wordpress and Squarespace for past couple years. How do people differentiate themselves on Medium? It's the content. It's the words of a writer that sets her apart from a dozen others. Can Medium offer lots of customization tools in the future for all its users? Sure. Squarespace offers customization right now. But, after a while, it becomes pretty easy to identify most of the websites built using Squarspace.

Plewa was arrested Thursday, accused of sending texts and images soliciting sexual contact to a Zionsville middle school student. Each of the counts is a class D felony, with a sentence of six months to three years in prison and up to $10,000 in fines. If Plewa is eligible, however, those crimes could be reduced to class A misdemeanors, Kincaid said. Kincaid explained the charges and the possible sentences.

Articles

2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11