CMMS

by GeriBardon11804 posted Apr 29, 2017
?

단축키

Prev이전 문서

Next다음 문서

ESC닫기

크게 작게 위로 아래로 댓글로 가기 인쇄 수정 삭제
building maintenance softwareWith implementation failure rates ranging from 50% to 80%, it really is no wonder that several may consider "CMMS" a four-letter word. In my expertise, I have seen many failed Computerized Upkeep Management Program (CMMS) implementations or very slow implementations (some of you are nodding in agreement... ). Furthermore, I have hardly ever observed an organization robustly using their CMMS; most are utilizing just a function or two of those powerful systems. It's like utilizing just the bottle opener in your Leatherman - it can do a lot much more; couple that with duct tape and also you are unstoppable...
There are lots of causes for failed implementations or under-utilized CMMS. Under are several from the most common that I've observed, of which I am certain you are able to relate.

Wrong Method for the Job
How many of you're currently using your IT department's perform ticket method to manage your work orders? Okay, place your hands down. That is all as well frequent. IT Systems as well as the like are excellent for managing service requests, but they fall way brief on supplying the business tool that you want within a CMMS.

Cash to purchase It, but No Time or Assist to Implement It
How many of you might be in your ump-teen month of implementing your CMMS? Going on years, perhaps... Still operating to obtain your equipment and/or maintenance schedules loaded into the method - in your spare time... Do not be concerned, you're not alone. Unfortunately, this can be a common state of most CMMS implementations. You finally get your manager's approval to purchase a CMMS and maybe even some instruction, but you do not get any help with setup or extra administrative assistance required to implement and maintain a CMMS. The truth of it is, the delayed or failed commence of one's CMMS will make it each of the more challenging for you to request further funding since you did not do well with what they already invested - a double whammy... You can't do it alone; you need aid!

Old, Slow System
You will find some that implemented a CMMS years ago, but haven't been capable to upgrade it as time passes (possibly since they customized it also a lot creating upgrades expensive) or the custom software development company program is no longer supported (ultimately that Windows 95 machine will die... ). It really is also hard to upgrade simply because so much has been invested in the old system and you usually do not wish to lose the information - plus modify is tough. But you and your organization need to advance using the occasions - there's better out there.

Homegrown
How many of you couldn't get management's approval to purchase a CMMS so you built 1 oneself? How flat is your forehead from beating it against the wall attempting to grow to be an Excel or Access guru? Yep, I've been there also... I have observed some fairly great ones, I might add. Nonetheless, as facility managers, our jobs are not to become database administrators or IT gurus (albeit that hat does get thrown at us frequently). We've got to pull ourselves out of these weeds in order that we can concentrate on the strategic, business initiatives of our facility organization. I am all for organic, but now having a CMMS...

Don't Know What You do not Know
Lastly, lack of realizing any far better is probably essentially the most frequent purpose for failed or under-utilized CMMS installations. Most do not know how potent a CMMS is or how it might be employed to handle day-to-day operations and provide crucial enterprise info for managing your facilities and upper management. Resolving this certain issue will be the cause I'm such a proponent for our conferences and IFMA's coaching courses.

Articles

3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12