June 5, 2006
Rev. Yong Sam Rhee, Pastor
Canaan Presbyterian Church
1424 Greenwood Avenue
Glenview, IL 60025

Dear Rev. Rhee:

On January 23, 2006, my wife and I met with you, in your office, to inform you that we will be returning to the First Korean United Methodist Church in Wheeling, Illinois sometime in June.

We also said, because of the long-standing wonderful relationship we have enjoyed with you, that we would not leave the Canaan Presbyterian Church while you are still here, thinking that you will be leaving sometime during the early part of the this year.

To our surprise, you volunteered, “Let us leave together in the month of June.” We took your words to heart.

With that commitment, from you, we informed the Pastor of the Methodist Church that my wife and I will be returning to the Methodist Church sometime in June.

It now appears that you will not be leaving the Canaan Church in June. Regardless, according to your statement to me, and my statement to the Pastor of the Methodist Church, we will be returning to the Methodist Church on the last Sunday is June 25, 2006. Our last worship service, at the Canaan Church, will be June 15, 2006.

This is our letter of resignation to the Canaan Presbyterian Church, effective June 19, 2006.

There are a number of truisms in life that I consider particularly significant. Three of them are; all good things come to an end, that ending must be clean-cut, and that a man is nothing unless he maintains his integrity by keeping his words.

My wife and I sincerely thank you for twenty-three years of meaningful worship services, and for keeping intact your commitment to me about my personal desire for only a limited involvement in Church affairs because of my past experiences.

In closing, we will pray for an equable, satisfactory conclusion to the current Canaan Church problems, and that the solution will be based on Christian values and moral tenets.

In God,
Joseph C. Yi